Wednesday 29 August 2012

MUSIC!!!! SKETCHES!!!! ACTION!!!!

MUSIC

Well - Sunday's rehearsal was a disaster thanks to the fact that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a version of each song that is familiar to people AND that we have the music for!! Nonetheless, we had a music meeting today and literally listened to EVERY song, at least twice from different sound tracks and cast recordings to find the most accurate version that fits our score. With that being done, things should be much clearer from here on out.

SKETCHES

I also got some sketches from my designer today and VERY excited about how my set is going to look. I LOVE the process of layering a designers ideas with my own and what ends up coming to fruition! It can be a very frustrating process (I'm sure my designers would attest!) but it is so very rewarding in the end. (ps NOT my set for Grease to the right, I just loved this drawing! :)



ACTION

 Had a fabulous rehearsal with Lucas Blaney & Alex Gullason last night (we don't normally rehearse on Mondays but we're trying desperately to get in some rehearsals while SIX of my leads are busy rehearsing another show on the SAME days!!). We worked on Lucas' main song and then did the scene at the drive-in. I find one of my difficulties is taking my own spin on scenes when there are so many moments that have been forever etched in our mind from the movie! I like to give people the moments that they're longing for, but still make our 'take' on the scene honest and original. I think Lucas and Alex did just that. Great actors, great chemistry - not much I had to do there!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...

Still hoping and praying for a new space!!! There has GOT to be somewhere in Burnaby/East Van for rent that doesn't have 6 foot ceilings and carpet (OH so good to dance on!)!!! Oh yeah - and is cheap! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment